Support and assistance for men
Living Well is a dedicated service for men who have experienced sexual abuse or sexual assault at some time in their lives. For male survivors, their partners, family and friends, they provide a range of resources, advocacy and support services. If you or someone you know has experienced sexual abuse as a child, or adult sexual assault, please know that you’re not alone. There is an increasing recognition of this issue for men, and support and assistance is available.
Information and resources from Living Well:
- Common issues for men who have experienced sexual violence
- Dealing with the effects of childhood sexual abuse
- Men, emotions, and sexual abuse
- Dealing with flashbacks
- Managing nightmares
- Dealing with suicidal thoughts
- How to deal with anger
- Introduction to self-compassion
Men and boys make up 17% of reported sexual assault on Queensland in 2017.