Living Well, is a dedicated service for men who have experienced sexual abuse or sexual assault at some time in their lives. They provide a range of resources, advocacy and support services for male survivors, their partners, family and friends. If you or someone you know has experienced sexual abuse as a child, or adult sexual assault, please know that you’re not alone. There is an increasing recognition of this issue for men, and support and assistance is available.
- Common issues for men who have experienced sexual violence
- Dealing with the effects of childhood sexual abuse
- Men, emotions, and sexual abuse
- Dealing with flashbacks
- Dealing with nightmares
- Dealing with suicidal thoughts
- Dealing with anger
- Introduction to self-compassion
Men and Boys make up 17% of reported sexual assault on Queensland in 2017.