|Phone||07 3290 4254|
|Hours||Monday - Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm
|Address||2 Burrigan Street
Logan City and surrouding areas
Summary of Service
Empowering Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Adults, Youths and Families.
Murrigunyah Family & Cultural Healing Centre is a community based sexual assault support service established (1997) and controlled by Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women of Logan City. Murrigunyah is the only specific Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander sexual assault service in Queensland. We work from a holistic and cultural perspective supporting the social, emotional & spiritual interests of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients and families.
All client services are free. Our centre is a safe and supportive space with appropriately qualified staff to assist clients and community. People can access our service directly or be referred by other services.
Programs and Initiatives
What we do
- Provide Sexual Assault Preventative and Support Service
- Support counselling for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families who are victims of sexual violence
- Court Support
- Education group sessions
- Information and referrals
- Act as a cultural link with other mainstream services
- Community Education
- General Referrals
- Library Resource/Information
- Provide state-wide information resource on other services
- Provision of direct service response in collaboration with other local services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Waiting Space/Safe Space
Yes. You are welcome to drop in during opening hours.
Murrigunyah is wheelchair accessible.