The Bundaberg Region, Childers and Gin Gin.
Summary of Service
Phoenix House provides free counselling and assistance when someone has experienced recent or historical sexual violence. We accept referrals for anyone, regardless of their age, gender identity or culture. We are also registered to provide Counselling and Psychological Care for people who have accepted a National Redress Scheme offer. Our service also provides counselling and support for children and families, mental health supports and general counselling, and can offer services funded through the Employee Assistance Program, the NDIS, and Workcover.
Programs and Initiatives
- Individual counselling
- Group programs
- Support for clients linking with the Queensland Police Service
- Support for clients through the court process
- Information and counselling for relatives, carers and supporters
- Cultural supports provided by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander staff
- An intensive Early Childhood Development program focusing addressing the impact of trauma for children aged 3-5 years
- Community support, education, and development
- Referrals for other services, depending on client need
Safe Space/Waiting Space
Available on site