Bundaberg and North Burnett Region: North to Winfield, West to Monto and South to Eidsvold.
Summary of Service
Phoenix House provides comprehensive integrated services to women, men, children & their families, who have experienced sexual violence at any time of their lives.
Programs and Initiatives
- Individual assessment and group counselling for children, young people and adults incorporating the use of various therapeutic approaches.
- 24-hour crisis response for children, young people & adults who have recently been sexually assaulted
- Support for clients of the service through the Queensland police & Medical processes following sexual assault.
- Information and support for non-offending relatives, carers and supporters.
- Engagement of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander support workers from Central Queensland Indigenous Development (CQID)
- Practical support and advocacy at the point of disclosure about sexual violence.
- Onward referrals if necessary, according to the client’s current needs.
- A resource library and information about issues related to sexual violence.
- Collation of non-identifying data relating to sexual violence within the Bundaberg region.
- An Intensive Early Childhood Development programme which provides a wrap-around approach comprising of parent education, home visiting, community education, individual counselling and the Bumblebees TPS to children 0-5 years old.
- Outreach services within the funded catchment area
- Community support, education & development including:
- Okay, Not Okay Touch’ Puppet show for early childhood and primary school aged children
- ‘Let’s Prevent Abuse’ puppet show for primary school aged children and workshops for parents and teachers
- Recognising and Responding to the Sexual Behaviour of Children Workshops
- Love Bites and Love Bites Junior Programs
- 123 Magic and emotion coaching
- Circle of Security parenting education
- The Marble Jar parenting education
- Co-ordination of Sexual Violence Awareness Month (October) within the Bundaberg region
- Personal safety groups and developmental groups for children, young people and women with an intellectual disability.
- Protective Behaviours education.
- NDIS Services including:
- Behaviour Support
- Therapeutic Supports
- Group and Centre Based Activities
- Early Intervention supports for early childhood
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports
- Fostering healthy futures program
- Fee-for-service therapeutic services with Mental Health Accredited Social Workers and Counsellors.
- A sensory room for hire at $45.00 per hour.
Safe Space/Waiting Space
Available on site
Please contact for accessibility requirements.