Wide Bay region
Summary of Service
WBSAS is a point of contact for adults, young people and children in need of support, information, counselling and/or referrals.
WBSAS services and programs underpin the right of the person who experienced sexual violence to be believed and treated with respect, dignity and sensitivity.
WBSAS work to ensure that all clients have access to timely support and interventions to address their individual needs.
WBSAS works towards preventing sexual violence through community and professional education.
Programs and Initiatives
- Counselling to adults, children and young people who have experienced recent or past sexual assault or abuse;
- Counselling for non-offending parents/carers and supporters of people who have experienced sexual assault or abuse;
- Referrals for specialist services on legal, medical, and court procedures related to Sexual Assault;
- Counselling for children and young people who display problem sexualised behaviours;
- Group Programs;
- Community Education;
- Personal Safety Programs for adults, children and young people;
- Professional support and information for seniors;
- Tailor made training programs.
Please advise of any accessibility requirements.