Coolangatta to Coomera
Summary of Service
The Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence Inc. (GCCASV), previously known as the Gold Coast Sexual Assault Support Service, began in 1990 as a community based, community managed organisation. It is currently funded by the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, and covers the geographical area from Coolangatta to Coomera. GCCASV is a free, confidential service. It provides a safe, supportive, woman-centred environment in which sexual violence survivors can become aware of their own strengths and gain confidence and control of their lives. Qualified and experienced professional staff are employed from a variety of backgrounds including psychology, social work, counselling and social/ behavioural sciences.
Programs and Initiatives
To victims and survivors of immediate and/or past sexual violence
- Crisis support
- Practical support through related legal and medical procedures Therapeutic and educational groups
To friends and family
- Information and support to partners, friends and relatives of women who have experienced sexual violence
To the general community
- Development and dissemination of resources and information
- Information on legal and medical issues relating to sexual violence Public education campaigns
- Presentations to students and the general community
- Training to other professionals
Waiting Space/Safe Space
Please advise of any accessibility requirements.