|Phone||Maroochydore: 07 5443 4711
Gympie and Murgon: 07 5482 7911
Moreton Bay: 07 5499 2096
|Hours||Maroochydore: Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm
Gympie: Monday to Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Murgon: Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 4pm
Moreton Bay: Tuesday to Friday: 9am – 5pm
|Address||Laurel Place Inc.
PO BOX 384
Cottontree QLD 4558
Sunshine Coast and Noosa, Gympie, South Burnett and Moreton Bay
Summary of Service
Laurel Place Inc. provides specialised counselling support, information and education regarding sexual violence across four regions (South Burnett, Gympie, Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay). Counselling and support is provided to children, young people, women and men and their supporters. Intervention is also provided to children and young people who are engaging in harmful sexual behaviours.
Programs and Initiatives
- Counselling for adults, children and young people who have experienced recent or past sexual assault;
- Counselling for non-offending parents/carers and supporters of people who have experienced sexual assault;
- Counselling for children 12 years and under who are engaging in harmful sexual behaviours
- Specialised Counselling intervention programs for young people who are engaging in harmful sexual behaviours
- Group programs;Community Education(including Let’s Get Savvy and Let's Get Savvy About Sexting for High School students);
- Information and resources on sexual assault and legal, medical, and court procedures; and,
- An Indigenous Community Liaison Worker who is available to work collaboratively with counselling staff in providing support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families.
laurel Place Maroochydore also coordinates a Women's Wellbeing Program. It is a wellbeing program for women who have experienced domestic and family violence and sexual assault Ph. 5353 9180
Safe Space/Waiting Area
All locations ensure that clients are offered a safe and confidential space while waiting.