07 4946 2999
07 4786 2111
Monday - Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm
Monday - Thursday
9.00am - 3.00pm
|Address||Cannonvale (Head Office)
1/157 Shute Harbour Road
Cannonvale QLD 4802
Bowen Neighbourhood Centre
20 Williams Street
Bowen QLD 4805
Whitsunday region: Cannonvale, Bowen, Proserpine, Hamilton Island and Collinsville.
Summary of Service
Whitsunday Couselling and Support service works towards the prevention and reduction of violence in the community by providing professional support services to people and families who have experienced family violence, sexual assault or are at risk of neglect or abuse and offer specialist family counselling.
Programs and Initiatives
- Domestic Violence and Court Support - Information, support, counselling and court support to women and women with children affected by domestic and family violence in the Whitsunday Region.
- Accommodation options- Assistance with crisis accommodation options can be provided for women and children escaping domestic and family violence.
- Specialist family counselling and support - provides support and counselling to children, young people and their families, where children or young people are at risk of harm, neglect or abuse.
- Sexual assault counselling and support - provides counselling and support to women, children aged 6 years+ and men who have experienced sexual violence or abuse.
- NDIS Counselling - We are a registered provider offering services under the Therapeutic support category in your NDIS plan.
- Information, Advocacy and Referral - Staff are provided to Bowen, Proserpine, Hamilton Island and Collinsville.
- Community Support Groups & Specialist Programs- We provide community based groups & programs as funding and community needs direct. These can include parenting programs, healthy relationships and support groups.
Please contact us directly for accessibility requirements.