Atherton Tablelands region including: Tablelands Regional Council area, Mareeba Shire, Etheridge Shire and Croydon Shire.
Summary of Service
TSAS provides free, confidential specialist sexual assault counselling, education and support services to children, young people, and non-offending women and men who have experienced or are at risk of sexual abuse or sexual violence. TSAS also works with children and young people who may be engaging in inappropriate or harmful sexual behaviours.
Programs and Initiatives
- Information, advice, advocacy and support for individuals, parents, carers, partners, or other family members.
- Face to face, phone or video counselling using a wide range of therapeutic approaches.
- Clients can be seen at our office in Atherton or on outreach to other areas in our catchment including schools, community centres, workplaces, parks or homes.
- Information, support and advocacy with police, legal, victim’s assistance and medical processes following a sexual assault.
- Assessment and referral to other support services and community organisations.
- Secondary consultation for other professionals or service providers.
- Protective Behaviours Education to children and families.
- Community Education to groups, schools, organisations and workplaces via presentations, in-services, information stalls and special events.
- Coordination of the local ‘Love Bites’ Respectful Relationships program offered on an annual basis to Year 10 students across the Atherton Tablelands region.
- ‘Safe Hands’ personal safety and protective behaviours education for young people aged 3 to 18 years.
Waiting Space/Safe Space
Please advise of any accessibility requirements.